- Visit the Sagrada Familia - purchase tickets much in advance
- Take a wine tour - this is anywhere in Spain, surely try the Spanish wine/ cava
- Have a meal and take a stroll down Las Ramblas
- Pick on bruschetta or pintxos
- Visit Museu Picasso - know everything about the brilliant artist and his growing up days in this little city.
- Around Museu Picasso is a small chocolate factory, not a lot of people know about it but it surely is a must visit to purchase raw chocolate and see it in various artistic forms.
- Take a stroll down the Gothic Quarter and have a meal at the little Spanish cafes in the gothic - like lanes
- Don't forget Mango, Zara and some other high street brands originate from Spain - need I say more?
- Take a walk down the Eixample area, or must I say Gaixample (that's the nickname and you know why).
- Walk down Port Olimpic and SURELY have a meal at one of the restaurants or lounges, great music, street parties, superb buzz in the area.
- Visit the Montserrat - we never got the time but everyone kept saying how beautiful it is. (Again, plan a trip in advance from one of the city tour buses, we couldn't make it because not only were we short on time, but all the trips were fully booked)/
- Lastly, with all this walking, don't forget to take a Spanish siesta in the afternoons!
Things to do in Barcelona
To sum up my previous posts, there's lots to do in vibrant Barcelona and following are some of the to dos for a short trip: